Here's a short comparison to determine whether or not you should get a real tree.
Real vs Faux
- Live trees support American farmers
- Real trees need to be watered
- Real trees make your home smell like fresh evergreen
- Tree farms support the maintenance of green space and preserve some natural habitat
- Real trees shed their needles over time
- You spend more time at the tree farm picking out the perfect tree for your home
- If you grow up with real trees, you can connect memories with the smell of evergreen
- Real trees can be
- Faux trees mainly are imported from overseas
- Faux trees require no maintenance
- Artificial trees don't change the smell in your home
- Fake trees are only for our enjoyment.
- Fake trees don't shed, but the "needles" can rip off quite easily sometimes, but won't on their own.
- You spend the time finding your favorite tree one time, and that's it.
- Fake trees provide a less memorable experience.
- Plastic trees don't biodegrade
In either case, choosing one or the other doesn't make you good or bad. My family used to get real trees every year, and now that everyone is getting older, it's just easier to use a fake tree. Merry Christmas and happy holidays!